Thursday, September 29, 2011

12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies - Week 1

This week I made Peanut Butter Sealed with a Kiss cookies!  These cookies look great and freeze well!!
Here is the recipe I used:

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar for rolling
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 and 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 9 oz package chocolate kisses unwrapped

Preheat the oven to 375.  Cream the peanut butter, butter and brown sugar.  Add the egg and vanilla extract.  Wisk together flour, salt and baking soda.  Slowly combine flour mixture with peanut butter mixture.


Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and roll them in the white sugar.  Place on parchment paper on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.  Bake for 8 minutes and remove from oven.  Press chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie.  Return to the oven and bake for an additional 3 minutes.  Cool on wire rack.  Makes about 24 cookies.

Now who wants to come do my dishes??  :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Traci, this is my first time visiting. I must say these cookies sound and look great. Peanut butter and chocolate always makes a great combination. Happy to be baking along with you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trisha! Thanks for stopping by!! I am excited to participate this year!! It is my very first blog hop!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such a delicious and simple cookie, you could make them anytime. But for some reason, they just scream Christmas to me! Lovely cookies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love peanut butter kisses, thanks for the reminder of what a good cookie this is!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these cookies. I made this last year as my first cookie for the 12 weeks of Christmas Cookies. I definitely need to make them again this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete